As a way of celebrating Heritage Month, Casa Museo Eduardo Frei Montalva exhibits, during the whole month of May, five figurines in polychrome wood attributed to the XVIII century Escuela Quiteña (Quito School); a part of a valuable patrimonial collection belonging to the former president. [Read complete article]
Archives tagged ‘Frei’s museum’
- To place Eduardo Frei Montalva Historic House Museum before the national and international community, as a new informational, educational and recreational space, of unique characteristics in the country.
- To offer the student and general audience a program of activities concerning the public and personal life of former President Eduardo Frei Montalva, in the context of Chilean and World History.
- To provide our visitors with a high quality service covering:
- A qualified tour-guide team
- Modern, didactic, and inviting exhibitions.
- Audiovisual and computational technologies.
- To generate interest in knowing and respecting the personal life of a significant political figure in the history of this country.
The collection to be exhibited in the different rooms of the Museum comprises around 350 objects and 3.600 bibliographic volumes falling into different categories. Its selection was performed in tandem with the Frei Ruiz-Tagle family.
It is formed by pictorial and textile works, coin and decoration collections, presents received by the president during his administration and official travels; furniture, decoration, curtains, household items, tableware, cutlery, glassware, platters; pieces of clothing, family and personal photographs, documents, diplomas and titles.